American Family Radio is a listener supported broadcast ministry of the American Family Association. AFR exists to be a voice for AFA to help motivate and equip individuals to restore American culture to its moral foundations. AFR does this in a variety of ways with both its music/teaching format as well as its Christian Conservative Talk format. AFR is not xenophobic as we are a platform for other ministry partners such as James Dobson’s Family Talk, Tony Perkins and Washington Watch or David Jeremiah’s Turning Point.
AFR understands that politics and polices alone will not change America. It will take an intervention of Christ and our hearts turned back to Him. AFR hopes to educate our listeners with news and issues of the day but more importantly convey the Truth of Christ through clear presentations of the Gospel.
The AFA was founded in 1977 by Rev. Don Wildmon. The AFA represents and stands for traditional family values, focusing primarily on the influence of television and other media on our society. AFA believes that the entertainment industry, through its various products, has played a major role in the decline of those values on which our country was founded and which keep a society and its families strong and healthy. The AFA believes in holding accountable the companies which sponsor programs attacking traditional family values. The AFA also believes in commending those companies which act responsibly regarding programs they support.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.